11/7/11

Pizza Rolling out this Blog

Honestly I am writing this blog on a whim and yes, pizza rolls were involved. Many were harmed in the creation of this blog and I do not mind saying I have no guilt about that. I am not a writer really, well maybe I am (the world may never know). But, I love words and words are what I'm sharing here (but not the pizza rolls, you cannot have those so don't even think about it).

Here's how it really started. I should be working today (or alternatively cleaning house) but my son is sick and so I'm stuck home and I have MASTERED avoiding housecleaning. I mean not really, I'm not a hoarder and you won't find dead animals under layers of newspapers in my house (though you will find them in jars in my son's room but that is another story entirely)..but I'm, hmm, like the absent minded professor really if the absent minded professor didn't have a full time job and tended to wear fashionable clothing except when he stayed in his jammies all day...oh yes, and if he were a girl. Ok I'm nothing like the absent minded professor, just my house.

Anyway I also easily digress which is why what should be my stream of consciousness is more like a flood...anyway...so this blog starts out with a mouse in the house, pizza rolls and a sword and me killing time with the mastery that I have.

Last night as I was watching TV I saw a vague shadow run down the hallway which sort of caught my attention since a shadow has never 'run' before. I get up and investigate to see that its "I think" a harmless field mouse which just ducked into the hallway closet. I wake my boys because a mouse is like prime boy fodder. We all investigate the closet and he scrambles between our legs and into the water heater closet down the hall. Of course we don't let that stop us. None of us are afraid of mice btw.


Well we might be if it were that mouse --> but it wasn't :)




The funny part is that a field mouse last spring ran up my son's pants while we were standing in the field. He remained completely calm and stood still as we said "where'd the mouse go?" and he said "the mouse ran up my pants" which, after some investigation and "surely nots" we found that it did....anyway so now this mouse that looks remarkably similar is in the house. My son is sure that its the same one stalking him because he liked his pants so much but today he woke up sick and is home. I am in here on the computer and go to check on him and he's sitting on a wooden chair in the living room with my plastic sword from halloween across his lap. I figure its to defend his pants just in case.

So then we had pizza rolls and I thought about this story and figured what the heck. I will share the weirdness that has come to be my life with the world, well at least with the few of you that will think its funny.

Maybe there will only be one of you, but I won't let that defeat me.

No comments:

Post a Comment