11/11/11

Nice Beaver



In bizarre random rodent news, tonights full moon is entitled the Beaver Moon. I have no idea and I'm not joking (check the farmer's almanac if you do not believe me). I cannot IMAGINE why our ancestors named it that, except I imagine one of them was like Beavis or Butthead and was snickering around the campfire when it came time to name the 11th or so of the year and raised his hand "how about Beaver?" hehuhehegghe and everyone else just really wanted to go home so they were like ummm ok. And there you have it.

Happy Beaver Moon

Except it makes you snicker doesn't it? I mean you can't really imagine a serene beaver near a river looking at the moon. It's way more like this:





Well anyway, enjoy your beaver moon.


In other rodent news, the mouse in the house was spotted in my son's dresser drawer, well he was there until he wasn't. We found him then under the bed, watched him race through the labryinth of preserved animals in jars (that had to be hellish for him) and into the closet only to be routed and to exit the room. I'm not sure where he went next. It was probably my room since he's tried the hall closets...that will make for an interesting post...

No comments:

Post a Comment